Did you get the notification that your boss viewed your profile on LinkedIn? You might be thinking, why is my boss looking at my LinkedIn?
What will I learn?
- 1 Why Is My Boss Looking At My LinkedIn – 20 Reasons
- 1.1 1. They May Be Looking At Your Connections:
- 1.2 2. They Want To Promote You:
- 1.3 3. They Want To Keep Tabs On You:
- 1.4 4. They Want To Introduce You:
- 1.5 5. Why Is My Boss Looking At My Linkedin – They Want To Train You:
- 1.6 6. They Want To Hire Someone Like You:
- 1.7 7. They Wanted To Get A Reference:
- 1.8 8. Why Is My Boss Looking At My LinkedIn – They want a Know About Your Company:
- 1.9 9. They Want To Check Your Background:
- 1.10 10. Why Is My Boss Looking At My Linkedin – Your Boss Is Using Linkedin Recruiter:
- 1.11 11. Your Boss’ Viewed You Because They Like You:
- 1.12 12. They Want To Look At Your Online Portfolio:
- 1.13 13. Why Is My Boss Looking At My Linkedin – They Like How You Present Yourself:
- 1.14 14. Your Boss Thinks You Will Be Busy:
- 1.15 15. They Had Questions:
- 1.16 16. They Were Short On Staff:
- 1.17 17. Why Is My Boss Looking At My Linkedin – They Saw Your Profile On Google:
- 1.18 18. They Were Curious:
- 1.19 19. It Was Part Of The Employee Performance Review Process:
- 1.20 20. Why Is My Boss Looking At My Linkedin – Your Boss Was Freelancing:
- 2 How To Impress Your Boss With LinkedIn Profile:
- 2.1 1. Keep Your Profile Updated:
- 2.2 2. Impress Boss Looking At My Linkedin – Show An Interest In The Company’s Operations:
- 2.3 3. Add Your Previous Employers To Your Network:
- 2.4 4. Show Appreciation:
- 2.5 5. Complete All Of The Sections On Your Profile:
- 2.6 6. Impress Boss Looking At My Linkedin – Make The Most Of Shared Endorsements & Company Pages:
- 2.7 7. Keep The Content On Your Profile Relevant:
- 3 Conclusion:
Linkedin is an excellent tool for professionals and their bosses. Users use it to support to improve and maintain the proper working relationships.
Why Is My Boss Looking At My LinkedIn – 20 Reasons
However, there can be several reasons why someone looks at your profile. The leading 15 reasons why your boss is looking at your LinkedIn are:
1. They May Be Looking At Your Connections:
Your boss may be looking at your connections. He might want to determine how powerful or connected you are in your industry.
They may also be checking out your contacts to see how much social influence you have in the market.
2. They Want To Promote You:
Your boss might have looked at your profile to promote you. He might want to check to see if you have all the qualifications and skills that they need to offer you a promotion.
Your latest activity and interests show what type of roles you want in the future.
3. They Want To Keep Tabs On You:
Your boss might be keeping tabs on your Linkedin profile to watch your progress at work.
The key reason for this is to motivate you or help you with any issues you might face. A LinkedIn profile can help a boss identify employees struggling with their workloads.
4. They Want To Introduce You:
Your boss might want to introduce you to people outside of the company, and Linkedin is an excellent way to do this.
It will be possible if your job role involves networking and meeting new people.
5. Why Is My Boss Looking At My Linkedin – They Want To Train You:
Some bosses use Linkedin to train employees on how to handle certain aspects of their roles.
By teaching you through your Linkedin page, they can save time and energy. They can make training more efficient.
6. They Want To Hire Someone Like You:
Your boss might have checked out your profile so that they can seek advice or suggestions from you.
They might have wanted to know if someone can do the job better than you.
7. They Wanted To Get A Reference:
Your boss might want a reference from you about another colleague or an employee.
By requesting this information, your boss can get honest and accurate feedback.
8. Why Is My Boss Looking At My LinkedIn – They want a Know About Your Company:
Your boss might have checked your company’s Linkedin page to see:
– What the company is about
– Who works there
– How it operates.
Bosses want to find out about different aspects of their employee’s companies. They want to keep tabs on all aspects of work-life balance.
9. They Want To Check Your Background:
Your boss might be checking your background and where you went to school, etc.
Your boss might want to check out the companies you worked for in the past, your education, and also where you live.
It will help them make decisions about promoting you or hiring someone like you in the future.
10. Why Is My Boss Looking At My Linkedin – Your Boss Is Using Linkedin Recruiter:
If your boss uses a Linkedin recruiter, they might have viewed your profile. They might want to see if you would be a perfect fit for a specific role.
Linkedin Recruiter allows bosses to look at the profiles of their existing employees.
11. Your Boss’ Viewed You Because They Like You:
Your boss might have looked at your Linkedin profile because they like you.
Bosses might look at a staff member’s profile if they find them interesting and want to know more about them.
12. They Want To Look At Your Online Portfolio:
Bosses might want to look at the work that you have carried out on Linkedin.
They might want to access your portfolio. Likewise, your boss wants to read through your achievements and success stories.
13. Why Is My Boss Looking At My Linkedin – They Like How You Present Yourself:
Your boss is looking at you because they like how you present yourself.
Your initial profile picture is fundamental as this portrays an image of who you are. Therefore, make sure it represents who you are.
14. Your Boss Thinks You Will Be Busy:
Your boss might think you will be busy and won’t have the time to look at their Linkedin profile. Therefore, they looked at yours first.
It is because they want you to have a refined profile. Your boss might be checking your mistakes or loopholes.
15. They Had Questions:
Your boss might have had questions about your profile and wanted to get them answered.
Your boss is likely to use Linkedin so they can answer these questions and learn more about you. It will help them better understand your progress and achievements at work.
16. They Were Short On Staff:
Your boss might have been short on staff and needed to know how much work you had.
It is suitable for bosses to watch their team and know how much work they did.
17. Why Is My Boss Looking At My Linkedin – They Saw Your Profile On Google:
Your boss might have seen your profile on Google. They will be looking to see what the world is saying about you online.
Many bosses look at their employees’ profiles on social media. Your boss wants to know what you do in your spare time. This information can affect how they handle employees.
18. They Were Curious:
Might your boss want to know more about you out of curiosity? Also, they will want to see if you do anything that they do.
Your boss might want to know more about your skills and talents outside of work. They want to see how you can fit into the company.
19. It Was Part Of The Employee Performance Review Process:
Your manager might have checked your profile during an employee performance review process.
This process helps bosses decide what employees’ strengths and weaknesses are. In this way, they can improve their processes each day.
20. Why Is My Boss Looking At My Linkedin – Your Boss Was Freelancing:
Your boss might have been freelancing and linked up with a former colleague who has your details.
Bosses need to keep their profiles updated. In this way, they can lookout for opportunities. They need to be networking to find the right clients and customers.
How To Impress Your Boss With LinkedIn Profile:
To make your Linkedin profile impressive for your boss, here’s what you do:
1. Keep Your Profile Updated:
Keep your profile updated with accurate information. It will help your boss to see how professional you are. It is the easiest way to impress your boss.
Regularly update your picture, skills, and achievements. Moreover, improve it over time as you grow into a bigger person.
2. Impress Boss Looking At My Linkedin – Show An Interest In The Company’s Operations:
Show an interest in the company’s operations. It will help them understand if you can easily fit within the company culture or not?
You can share relevant posts or reshare the company’s headquarters. You can share your reviews on the company too.
3. Add Your Previous Employers To Your Network:
Your previous employers might be looking at your profile. They will refer you to their peers and add them to your network if impressive.
It will help open up more opportunities for employment prospects in the future.
4. Show Appreciation:
Show appreciation and gratitude when someone recommends you.
Also, show appreciation when you get a job offer through LinkedIn. These little things go a long way! They will impress your bosses.
5. Complete All Of The Sections On Your Profile:
Complete all sections of your profile, even if they are not attractive.
It will increase the chances of finding a job through Linkedin. Likewise, it will also help you take a career-oriented test.
Please make the most of shared endorsements and company pages by accepting them. It will help verify how much you are worth in front of:
– Prospective employers
– Customers, etc.
7. Keep The Content On Your Profile Relevant:
Keep the content on your profile relevant. In this way, you will avoid looking spammy.
Please do not add anything that doesn’t have a purpose. It might seem spammy by bosses and businesses.
Include your skills, interests, achievements, work experience in detail. Make sure you show off everything that proves how good you are at what you do!
If your boss is looking at your Linkedin, then it’s likely that they found you through the platform. They might be checking you out.
Their reason could be one of the 20 reasons stated above. Your boss might be:
– Curious about you
– Wanting to hire you
– Keeping tabs on you, etc.
Whatever the reason is, you should feel proud that your boss is taking the time to check out your profile.
In any case, use this opportunity to stand out from the crowd and impress them even more!
Last Updated on 5 months by Shahzaib Arshad
- 16 Signs Your Boss Is Threatened By You - June 5, 2022
- How To Flirt With A Coworker in 23 Non-Creepy Ways - February 9, 2022
- How To Congratulate A Coworker On A New Baby – 5 Best Ways - February 9, 2022