Happy for the vacation leave? It is time to write a thank you letter to the boss for approving leave.
Getting leave approval from your boss can be very overwhelming. You have to make sure that you thank him before it finally hits the date.
Thank You Letter To Boss For Approving Leave – 11 Steps
There is a particular way of writing a thank you letter to your boss. It should reflect your best gratitude and makes him happy at the same time.
Here are 15 guidelines to write a thank you letter to the boss for approving leave:
1. Start With A Formal Greeting:
Start with a formal greeting before you get to the main thank you letter.
– Hello [insert name of your boss],
– Respected Sir/Madam,
– Greetings, etc.
2. Continue With The Reason Behind Your Request:
The next part is to explain why you were requesting leave. Add in some reasons and show your boss how important it was for you to take so much time off from work.
– This letter is to appreciate your co-operation in allowing me to take leave from work. I need this time to
– This letter states gratitude for allowing me to take a personal day off.
3. Thank You Letter To Boss For Approving Leave – Tell Why You Choose Him To Approach:
Give all the credit to your boss. Let him know that he was the one who made it possible for you to have this fantastic holiday.
He will feel good about himself knowing that his employees are happy with his decision.
– I am grateful for your willingness to grant me a personal day off. I also want to let you know that I approached you about my leave because of this reason.
4. Provide More Information About Your Situation:
Once you give information about the situation, continue to provide more details. It will be helpful if he still has no clue why you needed a leave.
You can even share what happened during that particular time. It can be about how things were difficult for you at home or work.
– Things were getting tough here, and at home, so I had to take some time away from work.
5. Express Gratitude For The Hospitality Of The Company:
This paragraph should include:
– I feel so lucky to be working in a company where people care for each other. In times like these, my boss’s kind heart comes to my rescue. He fully understands the importance of a break and why I need one.
6. Thank You Letter To Boss For Approving Leave – Give Your Thanks With A Touch Of Humor:
You may add a well-timed joke or two when writing a thank you letter to the boss for approving leave.
It shows him your human side and not drop everything on paper without much ado.
– The long hours’ high demand at work made me tired. With your help, I am energetic enough to pick up all my tasks again with renewed vigor.
7. Mention That You Are Looking Forward To Working Again:
It is always good to express your eagerness to head back to the office after taking a leave.
Also, let him know that you are willing to help in whatever way possible in exchange for his kindness.
– I am looking forward to working with you again. I can’t wait to start doing my best in making this company achieve new heights of success!
8. Thank You Letter To Boss For Approving Leave – Be Clear And To The Point:
Do not beat around the bush when writing a thank you letter to the boss for approving leave.
Get straight to the point so he can understand what plans are in store for him to see you at work next week.
– Thanking you once again,
9. Finish With Your Contact Details:
It is essential to state your complete contact information in a thank you letter to the boss.
This way, if he wants any clarifications, he can get in touch with you. For example:
– Once more, I thank you for allowing me to take leave. Thanking you once again,
– Sincerely yours, etc.
10. Thank You Letter To Boss For Approving Leave – Sign Off With Respect And Confidence:
The last part includes signing the letter off with respect and confidence. He should know that you handled everything professionally.
– Respectfully yours, etc.
Follow these simple guidelines when writing a thank you letter to the boss. You can be sure that he will appreciate your effort.
Effectively written thank you letters to the boss for supporting the leave can go a long way. They can help in securing future job promotions and perks.
11. Keep It Short But Sweet:
It is important to mention why you needed the time off from work, but it should not run on pages. A short note that states the gist of the letter will suffice.
– I am very thankful for your kind gesture of allowing me personal days off when I need them. I wish we could take time together at some other time, outside of work hours!
Templates – Thank You Letter To Boss For Approving Leave
I hope you are having a good day.
The reason for writing this letter is to thank you for your kind support.
You made my day last week when I asked if I could take some time off from work to spend quality time with my family. At the moment, things are pretty strict here and at home.
I have recovered now, thanks to your generosity in allowing me to leave without any questions.
Once again, many thanks for supporting me throughout this phase.
I am writing to express my heartfelt gratitude for your approval of my recent leave request. I was working hard without any breaks, which was not good.
Your kind gesture proves how great it is to work in this company where people are so supportive.
My family needs me now, and this time off has made me feel rejuvenated again, activity-wise.
Once again, many thanks for understanding my situation. I appreciate you giving me enough leaves to cope with my daily routine back at home.
Thank You Letter To Boss For Approving Leave- Sample 3:
“To The Head Of HR Department,
Thank you very much for your kind support in allowing me personal days off last week. I needed the time off because of some family issues.
I have been waiting for an opportunity to speak with you about it. This leave has made me fit now, as I took a few days to rest at home to relax and recuperate.
I want to thank you again for your kind gesture and look forward to working with you in the future.”
Please allow this letter to serve as my testimonial to your professionalism as a manager. It is rare to come across managers who are as caring as yourself.
Thank you so much for permitting me personal leave last week to attend my sister’s wedding. Our whole family was happy to have me around, especially my parents.
My sister also expressed her gratitude because she could speak with me when I went home. All the best wishes in your career!
I am writing this letter to thank you for allowing me time off last week to attend my brother’s wedding.
It was wonderful catching up with family members and relatives after such a long time. We all missed you, but we’re delighted to know that you are doing well at work!
I do hope we can meet again someday shortly. Best regards!”
Thank You Letter To Boss For Approving Leave- Sample 6:
“To HR Department,
I am writing to thank you for approving my leave request for a few days last week. I was pretty exhausted after attending two seminars back to back and needed some time off at home.
Thanks to your permission, I am feeling great again. I am ready for some challenging assignments lined up in the coming weeks.
All the best wishes always!
“Dear Mr/Mrs. Last Name,
Thank you very much for allowing me to leave last week to attend my cousin’s anniversary party.
It had been ten years since we all met, and it felt wonderful being part of his celebration in [place].
My family members were also pleased to have me around, and I had a great time catching up with them.
I am looking forward to working with you in the future too. Please keep your positive energy flowing!
A thank you letter to the boss for approving leave is a kind gesture. People appreciate it when someone takes notice of their problems.
Mentioning why you want to take leave is also good. It shows your manager that family issues need attention.
Never forget to thank your boss for approving this leave in the end! It will make them feel happy too. The above mentioned are several templates to help you out.
Last Updated on 7 months by Aleena
- Should You Be Paid More For Training New Employees? Yes, Here’s Why? - October 11, 2023
- What Is The Best Monitor Size For Office Work And To Boost Productivity? - October 6, 2023
- Why Does My Boss Wink At Me? 6 Potential Reasons - October 5, 2023