To say good things about a coworker, focus on their professional accomplishments. Also, their positive personality traits are the ones to praise.
What will I learn?
- 1 How To Say Good Things About A Coworker – 11 Ways
- 1.1 1. Focus On Their Professional Accomplishments:
- 1.2 2. Focus On Their Personality Traits:
- 1.3 3. Find Something You Admire About Them:
- 1.4 4. Find A Compliment That Everyone Can Agree On:
- 1.5 5. Use Compliment Sandwich:
- 1.6 6. Keep It Simple:
- 1.7 7. Say Something Nice About Them In Front Of Others:
- 1.8 8. Send Them A Compliment Card:
- 1.9 9. Give Them A Compliment:
- 1.10 10. Write A Positive Review:
- 1.11 11. Praise Them In Front Of Boss:
- 2 Some Quotes To Appreciate Your Coworker
- 3 Why Is It Important To Say Good Things About A Coworker?
- 4 Conclusion:
For example, you could say that they’re always the first to volunteer for projects. Or that they have a great sense of humour.
How To Say Good Things About A Coworker – 11 Ways
But jeez, it can be tough to find something nice to say about someone you have to see every day. If you’re struggling, here are a few tips.
1. Focus On Their Professional Accomplishments:
Did they land a big client? Did they help close a huge deal? Get a big project off the ground?
Your coworker may not be the best person in the world. But chances are they’re good at their job. So focus on their professional accomplishments.
For example, you could say that they closed a huge deal. Applaud their big project.
Accolades like these will make your coworker look good. Also, they will make you look like a team player.
Some more ways to appraise their professional accomplishments can be;
– Your coworker is great with people/clients.
– They always think outside the box.
– They have a lot of innovative ideas.
2. Focus On Their Personality Traits:
Is your coworker always the first to volunteer for projects? Do they have a great sense of humour?
These are the types of personality traits you should focus on.
For example, you could say that your coworker is a team player. Or that they’re always willing to lend a helping hand.
Praise like this will make your coworker look good. And it will also make you look like a good observer. b
Some more ways to appraise them can be they are:
– Always on time
– Always willing to help
– Positive and genuine
– A great team player
3. Find Something You Admire About Them:
Do you admire your coworker’s work ethic? The way they handle difficult situations?
These are the types of things you should focus on.
For example, you could say that you admire their dedication to their work. Or that you respect the way they handle difficult conversations.
Some more things you could admire about them are that they:
– Have a great work ethic.
– Always calm under pressure.
– Never give up.
4. Find A Compliment That Everyone Can Agree On:
Is there something about your coworker that everyone can agree on?
For example, maybe everyone thinks they’re a great listener. Or that they have a lot of patience.
If you can find a compliment that everyone can agree on, it’ll be easier for you to say something nice about your coworker.
For this, ask other people what they think of your coworker. You can do this by asking your friends, family, and colleagues.
5. Use Compliment Sandwich:
This involves sandwiching criticism between two compliments.
For example, you could say that your coworker is always the first to volunteer for projects. But they should learn to delegate more.
Or you could say that they have a great work ethic. But they need to learn to take breaks once in a while.
The compliment sandwich technique will help you deliver your criticism more constructively.
And it will also make it easier for you to find something nice to say about your coworker.
6. Keep It Simple:
When in doubt, keep it simple. For example, you could say that your coworker is intelligent. Or hardworking.
These are simple compliments that will make your coworker look good. But avoid saying things like “you’re the best” or “you’re perfect”.
These are over-the-top compliments that will make you look insincere.
Instead, focus on finding something specific that you admire about your coworker. This will make your compliments more believable and sincere.
7. Say Something Nice About Them In Front Of Others:
Try saying something nice about them in front of others.
This will help them feel appreciated. And it will also make you look like a good team player.
When you praise someone in front of others, be sure to:
– Keep it professional.
– Avoid over-the-top compliments.
– Focus on their specific achievements.
It will boost their confidence and make them feel good.
8. Send Them A Compliment Card:
A compliment card is a great way to show your appreciation for your coworker.
You can find these cards at your local stationery store. Or you can make one yourself.
When you write the card, you can write something like:
– I appreciate your hard work and dedication.
– You’re an excellent listener, and I value your opinion.
These are just some ideas to get you started.
But feel free to write whatever you like. Just be sure to keep it positive and sincere.
9. Give Them A Compliment:
One final way to say something nice about your coworker is to compliment them.
This could be in the form of a gift. Or it could be a simple act of appreciation.
For example, you could buy them a coffee or lunch. Or you could write them a thank-you note.
You could also give them a small gift—something like a book or a gift card.
Whatever you do, make sure it’s something that your coworker will appreciate.
10. Write A Positive Review:
A positive review can go a long way. If you have a good working relationship with your coworker, consider writing them a positive review.
This could be on their LinkedIn profile. Or it could be on a website like Glassdoor.
When writing the review, be sure to:
– Focus on their positive qualities.
– Avoid using overly-positive language.
– Write from your personal experience.
A review can be a great way to say something nice about your coworker. And it can also help them get ahead in their career.
11. Praise Them In Front Of Boss:
If you want to make an impact, praise your coworker before your boss.
When your boss hears you say something nice about your coworker, they’ll be impressed.
And they may even start to see your coworker in a new light.
Your coworker will appreciate the compliment. And it may even help them get a promotion or raise.
Some Quotes To Appreciate Your Coworker
You can get help from the following quotes to compliment your coworker:
– “Thank you for your help on this project. I couldn’t have done it without you. You are a valuable member of this team.”
– “I appreciate your hard work and dedication. You are an excellent employee, and I value your opinion.”
– “Thank you for being such a great team player. I enjoy working with you, and I appreciate your cooperation.”
– “You have a lot of great qualities. I admire your intelligence, work ethic, and ability to stay positive.”
– “I’m so grateful to have you as a coworker. You make the workplace more enjoyable. And I appreciate your friendship.”
– “I’m impressed by your skills and abilities. You have a lot of talent, and I’m sure you’ll go far in your career.”
– “Thank you for your help and support. I know I can count on you when I need it. And I appreciate your willingness to lend a hand.”
– “You have a lot of fantastic qualities. I’m impressed by your intelligence, creativity, and passion for your work.”
– “You’re an excellent role model for others. You always set the bar high, inspiring others to do their best.”
– “I appreciate your positive attitude. You always make the workplace more enjoyable.”
Small Gestures Can Go A Long Way:
You don’t need to do something big to say nice about your coworker. Sometimes, the smallest gestures can mean the most.
Here are a few small things you can do to show your appreciation:
– Bring them a cup of coffee in the morning.
– Offer to help them with a project.
– Write them a thank-you note.
– Buy them a small gift, etc.
When To Say Good Things About A Coworker?
The best time to say something nice about your coworker is when they’ve done something that deserves praise.
For example, if they’ve gone above and beyond on a project. Or if they’ve helped you out in a difficult situation.
You could also say something nice about your coworker at a company event.
For example, you could give a toast at their retirement party. Or you could make a speech at their going away party.
In short, there is no bad time to say good things about a coworker. A genuine and honest compliment will always be appreciated.
Why Is It Important To Say Good Things About A Coworker?
Saying something nice about your coworker is essential for several reasons.
1. Improve Working Relationship:
First, it can help improve your working relationship. Your coworker will be more likely to reciprocate when you say something positive.
And a positive working relationship can make the workplace more enjoyable.
It can also make you more productive.
2. It’s The Right Thing To Do:
Second, it’s the right thing to do. Everyone deserves to be praised and appreciated.
And you never know what someone is going through. A kind word can brighten their day and make a real difference in their life.
Thus, just some nice words can change someone’s mood and day.
3. Helps The Workplace As A Whole:
Praising your coworker can also help the workplace as a whole. A culture of appreciation can make the workplace more positive.
And it can also encourage others to say something nice about their coworkers.
When employees feel appreciated, they’re more likely to be productive and engaged.
And a positive work environment can lead to better business results.
4. It Can Help Them Get Ahead:
Saying something nice about your coworker can help them get ahead in their career.
If you praise them before your boss, they may be more likely to get a promotion or raise.
And if you write them a positive review, it can help them get a new job.
5. It Can Help You Get Ahead:
Praising your coworker can also help you get ahead in your career.
When you say something nice about your coworker, people will see you as a supportive person.
Your attitude and positive behaviour can make a good impression on your boss.
And it can help you build a positive reputation in the workplace.
So, there are many benefits of complimenting your coworker. It’s a simple act that can make a big difference in their life.
To say good things about a coworker, start with honest compliments. Focus on their strengths, and be specific about what you appreciate.
You could say something like, “I appreciate your work on the Smith account. Your attention to detail is amazing, and it’s helped our team succeed.”
Saying something nice about your coworker is essential. It can help improve your working relationship, it’s the right thing to do, and it can help them (and you) get ahead.
So, take a moment to say something nice about your coworker today. They’ll appreciate it – and you might make their day.
Last Updated on 3 weeks by Shahzaib Arshad