The employee-Boss relationship is quite formal where even if your boss wants you to stay, he wo’t express it openly.
Your boss might be comfortable to work with you and thus he wants to keep that thing going on.
What will I learn?
- 1 20 Signs Your Boss Wants You To Stay At This Job
- 1.1 1. You’re Getting An Extra Dose Of Attention:
- 1.2 2. Treats You Strictly To Train You For Future:
- 1.3 3. Signs Your Boss Wants You To Stay – Allows You To See Beyond The Sky:
- 1.4 4. Makes You Jump Above The Hurdles – A Sheer Sign Your Boss Wants You To Stay:
- 1.5 5. He Gives The “Thinking Department” To You:
- 1.6 6. Signs Your Boss Wants You To Stay – Incentives Waits For You At The Month End:
- 1.7 7. Your Boss Is Aware Of What Makes You Shine:
- 1.8 8. Designs A Specific Training Program For You:
- 1.9 9. He Stops To Know About Your Stance:
- 1.10 10. Believes You’ve Got Everyone Else’s Back – A Sign Your Boss Wants You To Stay:
- 1.11 11. You’re Suddenly Leading A Team:
- 1.12 12. Sometimes She Treats You Motherly Because She Wants You To Stay:
- 1.13 13. Signs Your Boss Wants You To Stay – Talks To You Longer Than To Others:
- 1.14 14. Your Boss is Handing Over Exciting Projects To You:
- 1.15 15. Your Boss Casually Comes To You:
- 1.16 16. The Boss Pats Your Back And Pushes You Upwards:
- 1.17 17. Signs Your Boss Wants You To Stay – The “Special Bundle” Of Incentives Is Yours:
- 1.18 18. You’re Moving Forward Every Single Day:
- 1.19 19. You’re Asked To Spread Your Charisma Around:
- 1.20 20. Signs Your Boss Wants You To Stay – You’re The New Assistant Manager:
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 How Do You Tell If Your Employer Is Taking Advantage Of You?
- 4 How Do You Know If A Manager Likes You?
- 5 How Do You Tell If You Are Being Pushed Out Of Your Job?
- 6 What Do You Do When Your Boss Asks Too Much Of You?
- 7 Conclusion
But it’s quite bizarre to say such things to employees because he has to maintain the workplace decorum.
20 Signs Your Boss Wants You To Stay At This Job
It’s exciting and energy inducing for any employee to know that his boss wants him to stay and keep doing the job.
But how one will come to know it? Not a problem at all! With these signs, you can guess that your employer doesn’t want you to quit the job.
1. You’re Getting An Extra Dose Of Attention:
You are in your boss’s good books if you’re getting invited for one-on-one sessions. You get to learn about new opportunities in these productive sessions.
If you want to discuss something, you’re always welcomed. The boss will give you solutions and accepts your suggestions, a great sign that your boss wants you to stay.
From time to time, you’ll get to notice the change in feedback given by your boss. The hurdles in communication vanish away.
The relationship between you two strengthens with better communication.
2. Treats You Strictly To Train You For Future:
When he gives you tough love, your boss sees you as responsible enough to handle the tasks.
When your boss thinks you to be promising enough, he will give lots of feedback.
The feedback is not necessarily positive; it can be harmful at times. And that’s where your boss sees the potential in you.
He critiques you because he wants you to be ready to take more responsibility.
3. Signs Your Boss Wants You To Stay – Allows You To See Beyond The Sky:
A vital sign of your boss’s likeliness towards you is that he lets you think. You are free in your decision-making.
The boss won’t bother you by checking again and again because he knows you are capable.
Being aware of your skills, he will let you attend the meetings on his behalf.
So if your boss isn’t micromanaging your work, see it as a sign that he wants you to stay.
4. Makes You Jump Above The Hurdles – A Sheer Sign Your Boss Wants You To Stay:
Don’t get too overwhelmed by the amount of work you are getting to do.
Instead, try to look behind the wall. It might be possible that your boss is preparing you for something great and challenging.
In some cases, bosses do this because they want to test the skills and capability of employees. So if your boss is piling up you with challenging work and gives you less time.
Then he must be checking whether he can count on you or not.
5. He Gives The “Thinking Department” To You:
Successful initiatives come into existence when different people do brainstorming together.
Getting the invitation for such brainstorming sessions is a powerful sign. Your boss values your opinion and see you as an intellectual being.
There’s no need to get worried if you don’t have all the solutions to problems. Such conversations enhance your thinking ability.
6. Signs Your Boss Wants You To Stay – Incentives Waits For You At The Month End:
Your boss wants you to stay when he gives you a useful performance review. And you get to have a pay raise along with this positive feedback.
Employees always appreciate such bosses who give more feedback. And no one wants to say no to a pay raise!
This one is the easiest to guess sign that your boss appreciates you and don’t want you to go.
7. Your Boss Is Aware Of What Makes You Shine:
A great boss knows what makes his good employees even more good at their jobs. He’ll assign you the projects where you can prove yourself as a shining star.
But that’s not mean he is going to overlook your weak areas, of course he’ll work on these too.
Working under such boss, you can enhance your skills and be a better version of yourself.
8. Designs A Specific Training Program For You:
Do you see your boss spending money on your career development and training? Well, that is a tell-tale sign that your boss wants you to stay.
Companies tend to spend on those employees they see as a part of their future. But if you are not getting the deserved support from management, then lookout for a reason.
Your boss will tell you about the areas for improvement—also, the points where you’re performing well.
So it’s the right time to take charge of the situation to see where you lack. Ask right away as it’s the easiest way of getting an answer.
9. He Stops To Know About Your Stance:
Your boss wants you to stay when he consistently asks for your opinion.
It means that you matter to him when he seeks your feedback on different topics. He see you as a valuable asset for the company.
Your opinion not only gets valued but has an essential place in the company’s decisions.
10. Believes You’ve Got Everyone Else’s Back – A Sign Your Boss Wants You To Stay:
Bosses like this technique to tell employee to help others. For instance, one of your coworkers is failing at solving a problem, your boss might ask you to help him out.
That’s how your boss shows that he can trust you and rely on you.
He knows that even if he is not in the office, you’ll be enough to keep things on track.
But remember that you aren’t supposed to solve everything. Listen to your colleagues’ perspective first, and then go to your boss with a solution.
11. You’re Suddenly Leading A Team:
Companies make boss-less teams with the people they think have leadership skills.
So there’s a reason when such teams get made. And that is to test the leadership.
Management knows that leadership will show itself when there’s a need.
You get invited to such teams because your boss wants you to be a leader. So what you need to do? You have to be such a person who can work well with others.
You have to act like a boss or a follower. And know that the other people in the group are doing the same.
12. Sometimes She Treats You Motherly Because She Wants You To Stay:
Your boss wants you to stay when she starts going easier on you. You will see her making an excuse for you whenever you are late to work.
You ask for an off, and she doesn’t just say yes but also appreciates your efforts.
Your boss will make it easy for you to guess that she wants you to stay. They can do this by the way they communicate with you.
13. Signs Your Boss Wants You To Stay – Talks To You Longer Than To Others:
These signs can be either obvious or hidden according to your boss’s personality.
But it’s quite observable in the way he communicates with you. Both verbal and non-verbal communication indicates a lot about it.
The non-verbal sign can be easing up his body posture while working with you.
The topic of conversation between you two will be often others and not you. The reason is that your boss trusts you can talk about anyone to you for any advice.
14. Your Boss is Handing Over Exciting Projects To You:
Are you getting too many projects to work on? That’s probably because your boss wants you to take more responsibility.
He can see the potential in you and knows that you can tackle this job.
Assigning you more productive work is a sign he wants to upgrade your skillset.
15. Your Boss Casually Comes To You:
As long as it’s concerned with productivity, bosses are keen to keep a check on employees.
Your boss would ask you how you are doing to see that you are satisfied enough or not.
So when your boss shows concern for your well-being, he wants you to stay.
16. The Boss Pats Your Back And Pushes You Upwards:
Your boss would praise your work in public because he wants you to be aware of your excellent work.
Also, he wants others to get motivation from you.
It’s the best motivating factor for you to stay at that job because your work gets the praise.
17. Signs Your Boss Wants You To Stay – The “Special Bundle” Of Incentives Is Yours:
Your boss giving you extra benefits is a clear sign that he wants you to stay.
These benefits can be in the form of a pay raise or a day off. Maybe your boss permits you to work from home.
But these benefits need to get earned through good work, and you have to do that first!
18. You’re Moving Forward Every Single Day:
When your boss gives you charge of significant projects, he wants you to stay.
Also, he wants to see you managing the projects and showcasing your talents.
He is aware of your work’s quality and thinks he can rely on you.
19. You’re Asked To Spread Your Charisma Around:
So it is the best compliment your boss is paying you. Some people might take it as a sign of getting replaced shortly.
But it isn’t so! It’s is a clear sign that your boss is very much satisfied with your work.
So when you get asked to teach other employees. So you should lead a particular skill set to new employees.
20. Signs Your Boss Wants You To Stay – You’re The New Assistant Manager:
The final way is the boss allowing you to go to a higher position.
The reason is that company wants you to take up more responsibility. Because they can trust you and respect your capability.
So this is one of the obvious signs that your company wants you to stay.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Tell If Your Employer Is Taking Advantage Of You?
Your employer is taking advantage of you when your workload continues to increase. But your salary is not growing. You are getting overloaded with work, and you are doing even other's tasks.
How Do You Know If A Manager Likes You?
It's relatively easy to tell that your boss has emotions for you. You can spot signs in his behavior as he will have a strong feeling around you. Even when you two are at the job, he still feels the same. So the chances are that he has a strong attraction for you.
How Do You Tell If You Are Being Pushed Out Of Your Job?
You are getting pushed out of your job if your performance reviews are getting poorer. You are often kept out of the loop and not get groomed for your future. Your work getting micromanaged is a vital sign.
What Do You Do When Your Boss Asks Too Much Of You?
First of all, you should seek advice from someone you trust. Host a sit down with your boss and talk directly. Check your time distribution and focus on your work. Say No to your boss if needed.
In the end, you should know that your boss wants you to stay for specific reasons. Look at the bigger picture and cooperate with your boss.
At times you will feel overwhelmed, but that should not be the reason for leaving your job.
There’s a difference between being good at your job and being useful in helping others.
So if you are good at the latter one, please do it! Don’t keep the information to yourself. Instead, be a gateway of knowledge for others.
Your manager won’t tell you right away that he likes you or is quite impressed by your work. So look out for the hidden signs.
Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
Last Updated on 2 months by Assma Riaz