Rather than feeling downtrodden over your condescending boss, let’s deal with your boss.
Once your success game is strong, you can spend your time at work happier and more fulfilling.
What will I learn?
- 1 14 Smart Ways To Deal With A Condescending Boss
- 1.1 1. Solving The Actual Root Cause Of The Problem With Your Boss
- 1.2 2. How To Deal With A Condescending Boss – Letting Go Of The Fear
- 1.3 3. Negativity Does Not Kill Negativity – A Point To Remember
- 1.4 4. Having A Decent Amount Of Empathy For Your Condescending Boss
- 1.5 5. Be Aware That Condescended People Are Unable To Do Better:
- 1.6 6. How To Deal With A Condescending Boss? – A Clear Upfront Reply
- 1.7 7. Not Taking Boss’s Condescending Behaviour At A Personal Level
- 1.8 8. Not Giving Your Own Self Control To The Condescending Boss
- 1.9 9. You Can Not Fix Your Condescending Boss If He Is Not Ready Himself
- 1.10 10. A Change Does Not Start Until You Decide To Make It Happen
- 1.11 11. How To Deal With A Condescending Boss? – Self-Awareness
- 1.12 12. Listing Your Achievements To your Boss – The Acknowledgment Trick
- 1.13 13. Count To 10 Before Responding To Your Boss’s Condescended Comment
- 1.14 14. Making Use Of Your Humor While Dealing With A Condescending Boss
- 2 Conclusion:
A condescending boss will belittle you, showing passive aggressiveness towards you. And, lets’ face it, it is just cruel and unkind.
14 Smart Ways To Deal With A Condescending Boss
The way I see it, you will always find such condescending people in life. These people will attempt to impact the harmony of your inner world.
It is time you put a halt to this situation. This article is here to make your life easy at work.
Let’s look into the smartest ways and figure out how to deal with a condescending boss at work.
1. Solving The Actual Root Cause Of The Problem With Your Boss
Get to the root cause of the problem and deal with it. Do not run away from your job just because of the condescending nature of your boss.
Healing the root of the issue will liberate you from the role of every other victim-symptoms.
Victim symptom makes you stay in the role of being powerless, and insecure all the time.
Stop trying to please your boss by getting dominated in his mind games.
Therefore, you can stop this issue with your boss once in for all only by knowing the real root cause of the problem
2. How To Deal With A Condescending Boss – Letting Go Of The Fear
The reason why you stay quiet while dealing with your boss’s condescending nature is fear.
The fear relates to the feeling of getting abandoned and left alone with ourselves.
Letting go of the fear will help you cut the detachments with your true self.
Furthermore, no more fear within you helps you cut the distractions of the unsolved pain.
Letting fear escape from you and confronting the problem is brave. Doing this is better than being left alone with the feeling of unworthiness.
3. Negativity Does Not Kill Negativity – A Point To Remember
If you are trying to deal with your boss’s negative behavior with the same negativity, you are wrong. This approach is exactly like pouring fuel on the fire.
When your boss is trying to belittle you, he is trying to expand and elevate himself. The only reason why you need to feel like elevating yourself is when you feel small.
Your condescending bosses are constantly tempting to have you feel less. This is because they don’t feel enough in the first place.
It is fundamental to understand this so you will know why you shouldn’t go with the negative approach.
4. Having A Decent Amount Of Empathy For Your Condescending Boss
Condescending people likely have no or too little to no self-awareness of what they are doing.
Secondly, such people have no tools to operate in any other way.
If condescended people had self-awareness, they’d be attempting to monitor their growth.
Does their condescending behavior in their state of unconsciousness make it okay? No. However, can you have a little empathy for them? Possibly yes.
5. Be Aware That Condescended People Are Unable To Do Better:
When your boss is being condescended towards you, they are failing to lift themselves up.
The reason why they fail in leveling up is that a condescended behavior comes in a limiting form.
A boss’s condescended behavior limits his capability of success and relationships with staff.
Inability to lift themselves up results in venting on others by sarcasm and humor.
6. How To Deal With A Condescending Boss? – A Clear Upfront Reply
Condescended people hate it when you call upon them for their behavior.
The first reason is that you are simply stating their reflection.
The second reason for the hate is the realization that you are rejecting their control over you.
Stop him right in the middle of his condescended remark on you.
Direct communication is legitimate in a position where someone is constantly attacking you.
7. Not Taking Boss’s Condescending Behaviour At A Personal Level
The most effective way to deal with such bosses is not buying into their sense of importance. Make it seem like you really do not take them seriously.
Just nod your head off while they speak and get off to whatever you were doing before.
It kills these individuals when they don’t get the assertive attention they need.
Such people are only looking for validation from you to feel above you. It is crucial you do not give them exactly what they are asking.
The not taking it personal strategy is hard to swallow and requires patience. However, it will eventually help to bore your boss out and till he stops.
8. Not Giving Your Own Self Control To The Condescending Boss
Do not allow anyone else to take control of you. Stay in control of yourself and not let your condescended boss pull you into his negative world.
Your condescended is just trying to provoke you to get a rise out of his misery.
You need to stay calm and unprovoked by focusing on your own state of mind.
9. You Can Not Fix Your Condescending Boss If He Is Not Ready Himself
Understand the fact that you are not responsible for their behavior. Your job is not to tell them what’s wrong with their actions.
It is fundamental to let it sink in that it is not your duty to wake people up to their own limiting patterns.
Your boss’s views are entirely from his perspective and, it has nothing to do with you.
Do not allow yourself to take their misery on board with yourself.
10. A Change Does Not Start Until You Decide To Make It Happen
An end to any situation starts with you. If you are ready to sacrifice and make amends, half of the situation is already solved.
You do not really know what is going on in your boss’s day.
Maybe it is not about you, but about him having just another bad day.
On the other hand, you are the first person he laid eyes on after the bad incident in his day and couldn’t help to vent.
11. How To Deal With A Condescending Boss? – Self-Awareness
Keep in mind that being conscious does not mean that you are getting scared to face the situation.
Being more conscious is the smartest approach while dealing with your condescended boss.
The more self-aware and in check you are with your own behavior, the better things go.
Being conscious while speaking and committing acts in front of the boss builds a better team. This is because you understand how to handle your boss wisely.
When you build a better team with your boss, you thrive harder together.
12. Listing Your Achievements To your Boss – The Acknowledgment Trick
Work a little harder and keep a list of things you have accomplished for your boss. Let your boss know how soon you got it accomplished for him.
Doing this will make him realize that you are a useful asset he got in the firm.
Furthermore, he will think before responding to you with a condescending remark again.
13. Count To 10 Before Responding To Your Boss’s Condescended Comment
Counting to 10 before responding back to your condescending boss lets you think what to say.
Once you have said something, it is hard to stop its consequences from happening.
No matter how bad you want to react to your boss saying; something contradicting you, keep it in.
Pass a smile and think about the best to respond to the situation.
14. Making Use Of Your Humor While Dealing With A Condescending Boss
Make sure to only use your humor over two sets of points.
Firstly, when you know, you can pull it off well.
Secondly, only when your boss passes a condescending in the form of humor.
If you are good at it, then reply back to his humor with a comeback involving humor.
Using humor is a playful way to give your boss an assertive answer without causing much of a scene.
You have to understand that your boss’s condescended behavior is not about you.
Where he is at in life reflects his condescended behavior.
However, you do not need to keep the entire blame on them and do nothing about it.
Look at this other human being as someone who lacks consciousness to interact with people.
Have a little empathy for such people. Moreover, maybe try teaching your boss a few interpersonal skills in developing healthy work relationships.
Bosses keep on changing as you promote to a newer and better job. Hence, it is better you zero in and put yourself above it all.
Share your experience in the comment section below.
Last Updated on 1 year by Shahzaib Arshad
- 8 Signs You Are About To Lose Your Job – 5 Ways To Stop It - March 5, 2021
- 17 Noticeable Pros and Cons Of Millennials Work Ethics - March 3, 2021
- 14 Smart Tips To Deal With A Condescending Boss - March 1, 2021